What is hearScope?
A smartphone otoscope for accurate diagnosis of ear disease
High Quality 2MP CMOS camera
Clear view for accurate diagnosis
(1x-200x) Zoom like never before - detail matters
30 Frames/sec video recording
Real time viewing and video without delays
hearScope stores images/videos for future reference
- Low-cost smartphone digital-otoscope
- High quality optics for images/videos of ear canal and ear drum
- Cloud-based data management
- Light-weight, slim design
- Mini USB connection for Android
- Integration with mHealth Studio App – secure patient management
How hearScope works
- Download the hearScope App
- Plug hearScope into your smartphone via the mini USB port
- Take images or videos of the ear canal and ear drum with your hearScope
- Store your images to the cloud
- Share securely with colleagues or client
Research PapersOtitis Media Diagnosis for Developing Countries Using Tympanic
Hermanus C. Myburgh, Willemien H. van Zijl , DeWet Swanepoel, Sten Hellström, Claude Laurent
Towards low-cost automated smartphone- and cloud-based otitis media diagnosis.
Hermanus C. Myburgh, Stacy Jose, De Wet Swanepoel, Claude Laurent.
Biomedical Signal Processing and Control (In Press).